Original designs to build gardens on the roof of the house models that combine different types of shrubs and grass and circulations with hardwood floors and stone to create a cozy and unique place at home, also contributes to the reduction of CO2 in the cities and contribute in the planning of our city.
10 designs garden located on the roof of the house
1. Shrubs pruned cone-shaped and circular path surrounded by other varieties of plants, is the perfect setting for the center can be used as a cozy green terrace in the middle of town.
February. Agree with your neighbors apartment building and create a spectacular garden in the Japanese style roof, for it must circulate skylights with translucent white acrylic with wooden frame and combine materials such as stone and wood floors, see:
Three. A good job of artificial lighting is important in the roof garden, in the following model we see that it has added five blocks and glass retro illuminated planters inside there are also points of light.
4. Would you like art?, give an artistic style to your roof garden, in the following model we see that the pattern of the stone blocks are still in the grass, at the top of the small hill has placed a bush size medium.
May. If you want to hide somehow the environment where your house is located then select bushes bushy branches and trunks with hidden smaller as in the following model bushes.
7. If you do not want to have large plants and shrubs on your roof garden you can opt for an enclosure with wooden rods and a shiny floor due to moisture treatment (end some important tips gardens on roofs).
8. An alternative to the traditional garden is to build a small water fountain and place aquatic plants, has a relaxing effect and all in the midst of the city.
9. Construct a hearth to the center of the garden is not a crazy idea, the roof of a house can also serve this purpose and provide a source of heat when you go up to the roof garden to relax in the evenings (please review the requirements must have a roof before deciding on this design).
10. If you love nature you can finally choose to have all your green house roofs this way your house will become eco friendly.
Please note before building a garden on the roof of the house
Roof strength , if you have a house built of reinforced concrete may properly support the weight of the soil and plants, if your house is built with other materials such as wood would be better to see a structural engineer to see the resilience .
Waterproofing , the ceiling must be properly waterproofed with special paint or plastic coatings before placing the earth.
Type rooftop garden :
Through trays, ideal if you want to make a garden on the roof faster and less maintenance as water and land are within the container.
Treat the ceiling so that land is applied directly over it like a garden in the ground, for that you must create a proper drainage system and waterproofing we have discussed above.
Maintenance: prune, water and fertilize should be part of a monthly routine, you can reduce the time of care if you decide on a type of controlled irrigation to enjoy the greenery of plants all year round.